Terms of Service
TwigaTutors Terms of Service
By enrolling with TwigaTutors, you expressly agree to the following:
WHEREAS TwigaTutors is a private online, tutoring enterprise for the education of children in Kindergarten through 12th grade;
And WHEREAS TwigaTutors provides access to a multitude of educational benefits and resources for families by using any combination of correspondence courses, teacher-led online learning, appropriate materials in the home, tutors, and private instruction (hereinafter “Services”);
THEREFORE, TwigaTutors and Parent or Legal Guardian (hereinafter “Parent”) hereby make this agreement, stipulation and contract for the Student (hereinafter “Student”) for the period specified in the enrollment application or confirmation of enrollment email.
- Enrollment and Tuition Policy:
- The Student is enrolled in the subject(s) submitted in the enrollment form or confirmation of enrollment email.
- The Student is enrolled during the timeframe indicated in the enrollment form or confirmation of enrollment email.
- Minimum enrollment period is three months.
- Services will commence within five days from the date the payment is received.
- Paid tuition is non-refundable regardless of attendance/participation and regardless of the number of assignments completed by Student, as established by TwigaTutors.
- When the student is a no-show for a Live Tutoring session, 10 Live Tutoring Minutes are deducted from the student’s Live Tutoring Minutes balance. When the tutor is a no-show for a Live Tutoring session, 10 Live Tutoring Minutes are added to the student’s Live Tutoring Minutes balance.
- Live Tutoring Sessions can be cancelled at minimum 24 hours in advance of scheduled Live Tutoring Session without penalty. If cancellation is less than 24 hours from the scheduled Live Tutoring Session, 10 Live Tutoring Minutes will be deducted from the student’s Live Tutoring Minutes balance.
- Live Tutoring Minutes must be used during the enrollment timeframe indicated on the enrollment form or confirmation of enrollment email. Any unused Live Tutoring Minutes at the end of the program or course enrollment period are not transferable or reimbursable.
- FEES ARE NEITHER REFUNDABLE NOR TRANSFERABLE.
- TwigaTutors, and its employees, agents, or representatives will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of TwigaTutors, or divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner, any information that is proprietary to Parent or Student.
- TwigaTutors and its employees, agents, and representatives will protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential, including personally identifiable information of minors. This provision will continue to be effective after the termination of this Agreement.
- Any written waiver by Parent of these confidentiality obligations which allows TwigaTutors to disclose Parent’s or Student’s confidential information to a third party will be limited to a single occurrence tied to the specific information disclosed to the specific third party, and the confidentiality clause will continue to be in effect for all other occurrences.
- TwigaTutors will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
- Parent grants permission to TwigaTutors to use the Student’s name for online learning. During online projects, contests and activities with other TwigaTutors students, other students and/or parents may be able to see the Student’s name or academic work. Parent may retract this permission in writing at any time.
- Other Terms and Conditions:
- Parent must supervise Student when completing TwigaTutors assignments and academic work. TwigaTutors cannot guarantee results nor fitness for a particular purpose (passing a specific test).
- TwigaTutors will not accept responsibility nor be held liable for any injuries or property damage caused while Student is completing a TwigaTutors assignment and academic work regardless of the Student’s physical location at the time of the injury.
- Any copyrightable works, ideas, discoveries, inventions, patents, products, or other information (collectively the “Work Product”) developed in whole or in part by TwigaTutors in connection with the Services will be the exclusive property of TwigaTutors. Written consent is required prior to making copies of or distributing any protected or proprietary material.
- If performance of this Contract or any obligation under this Contract is prevented, restricted, or interfered with by causes beyond either party’s reasonable control (“Force Majeure”), and if the party unable to carry out its obligations gives the other party prompt written notice of such event, then the obligations of the party invoking this provision shall be suspended to the extent necessary by such event. The term Force Majeure shall include, without limitation, acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, storm or other similar occurrence, orders or acts of military or civil authority, or by national emergencies, insurrections, riots, or wars, or strikes, lock-outs, work stoppages, or other labor disputes, or supplier failures. The excused party shall use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or remove such causes of non-performance and shall proceed to perform with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed or ceased. An act or omission shall be deemed within the reasonable control of a party if committed, omitted, or caused by such party, or its employees, officers, agents, or affiliates.
- The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
- Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation does not successfully resolve the dispute, the parties may proceed to seek an alternative form of resolution in accordance with any other rights and remedies afforded to them by law.
- This Contract shall be construed in accordance with the laws and subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Maryland.
By enrolling the Student with TwigaTutors, the Parent consents to the practices described in the TwigaTutors Terms of Service. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties, and supersedes any promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. This agreement cannot be modified except by written consent by both parties.