Project Based Learning is a teaching method where students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem, or challenge.
Our Project-Based Learning programs are 100% hands-on, unplugged (no computers :)), inquiry-based, aligned to education standards and fun. Students choose a theme such as Science, History, Economics, Music or Geography and our teachers develop monthly activities that incorporate standards-based Reading, Math and Language skills. Students explore, research and create hands-on projects and build foundational skills without even realizing it. Students work one hour a week, including a weekly 15-minute Skype call with their teacher to discuss progress, ask questions and identify next steps. This is an ideal option for students who are not challenged enough in the classroom or who attend schools that do not focus on inquiry-based learning approaches.
Our Project-Based Learning programs also include a personalized Discovery Kit mailed monthly to your door with books, games and more to inspire and delight each and every student. Prizes sent when students successfully complete three projects. Warning: Parents might get excited about this too! Enroll Now!
All Twiga Tutors Project-Based Courses Feature:
- A Dedicated, Certified American Teacher: Teacher works 1:1 with your child to engage, inspire and explore America’s History. We do not have group classes.
- Self-Paced Coursework: One hour of recommended learning time per week that students complete at the time and place that is most convenient for them.
- Special Needs and Gifted Students: Our ESE/SPED certified teachers adapt the content, pace and materials to accommodate the needs of Gifted and Special Needs students.
- 3 or 9-Month Course options: Choose either a 3-month Mini Course (3 Projects) or 9-month Full Course (9 projects).
- Reimbursable for some DoS/DoD students abroad: For some DoS and DoD kids based overseas our program is reimbursable.
- Start Anytime: Students can start anytime and we have programs for students in Grades K-12. Enroll Now!